This is an easy, tasty, and filling dish that is harder to describe than to make, since I don't measure and don't make it quite the same twice.
- 1 can Condensed cream of mushroom (or chicken) soup
- 1/2 can milk (see below for amount)
- 1-3 cups leftover chicken or turkey, diced or 2 cans tuna
- 1/2-2 cups Cheddar, Mozzarella, Monterey Jack, and/or other cheese that readily melts (a small portion can be a cheese that doesn't melt easily)
- Several small-medium potatoes, cleaned and sliced or 2 cups elbow macaroni (increase milk to 1 can)
- Mushrooms, either canned or fresh
- 1/2 cup Ham, Salami, Bacon, or Pepperoni
- Frozen peas (add late in cooking)
- Other vegetable
- Diced onion
- spice to taste (The soup and accent meat tend to be salty, so additional salt is rarely needed.)
Mix the ingredients together in slow-cooker or a 3-quart microwaveable casserole. Cover and slow cook or microwave (uncovered potato, covered macaroni) until the starch is desired consistency, stirring occasionally. 5 hours for slow cooker, 30-45 minutes for microwave.